TAAN INTERNATIONAL LANGTANG MARATHON 2018
TAAN International Langtang Marathon has been organizing since two years. The event was a success to achieve its objective to maximize the flow of tourist in the region like before. Unlike previous years, this year TAAN will be organizing the event in full flavor of 42.195 kilometers. The marathon will start from Kyanjin Gompa one of the popular village of Langtang Region with a picturesque walk and views of ever present Langtang Himal and as far towards Ganesh-Manaslu and Jugal Himalayan range of peaks. The race will end at Syabrubesi village located on the bank of the Bhote Kosi River, one of the many famous rivers of Nepal.
TAAN has launched a trail reconstruction program and constructed bridge in the Langtang Region in association with Germany-based DAV Summit Club. The trekking trails has been maintained properly which was affected by the earthquake 2015. The flow of international and domestic tourist is increasing comparing last two years. The reason behind choosing Langtang for the event is that it is one of the nearest trekking trail from Kathmandu Valley popular for the rare and elusive Red Panda. Second, Langtang is not getting satisfactory number of visitors compared to the Everest and the Annapurna Region despite having immense tourism attractions and despite its proximity to the Kathmandu Valley. Third is, to exploit the abundant tourism potentials of the area by bringing it to the attention of leading media outlets both at home and abroad.
The main objectives of the 3rd TAAN International Langtang Marathon 2018 will be following:
- To promote Nepal as one of the major destinations for sports tourism in global map and sell attractive package to domestic tourist as well.
- Develop an attractive package that trekking agencies can promote and sell in the international market.
- To develop an international standard sporting event in the country.
- To conserve flora and fauna of Langtang National Park.
- To conserve the rare and elusive Red Panda found within this enchanting woodland.
- To increase participation of foreign participants to more than 200 in the next two years.
- To promote domestic tourism as initiative of the government's preparations to organize International Tourism Year 2017-18.